- RSS Channel Showcase 2484438
- RSS Channel Showcase 7198277
- RSS Channel Showcase 4113675
- RSS Channel Showcase 4924665
Articles on this Page
- 12/07/12--04:15: _Men and Women Use H...
- 01/11/13--04:15: _Introducing Home Ca...
- 01/18/13--04:15: _Make Your Home Care...
- 01/28/13--04:15: _Learn the Facts Abo...
- 03/22/13--06:30: _Top Five Health Iss...
- 04/02/13--06:30: _Must Have Gadgets f...
- 04/25/13--03:30: _What Caregivers Can...
- 05/01/13--03:30: _As a Senior – How D...
- 05/23/13--03:30: _3 Senior Friendly L...
- 06/06/13--03:30: _Seniors Fraud and S...
- 07/11/13--20:09: _What Are The Causes...
- 07/18/13--03:30: _Bladder Issues And ...
- 07/27/13--09:48: _Common Lung Disease...
- 09/20/13--18:40: _Why Is South Florid...
- 10/03/13--19:44: _Travel Tips for Sen...
- 12/23/13--10:25: _Top Ten Ways to Man...
- 12/24/13--03:30: _Managing the Differ...
- 02/17/15--03:30: _The Importance of a...
- 04/25/15--16:20: _Advantages of Non-M...
- 09/18/15--01:13: _Benefits of Private...
- 12/07/12--04:15: Men and Women Use Home Health Care Differently
- 01/11/13--04:15: Introducing Home Care in Dade County – South Florida
- 01/18/13--04:15: Make Your Home Care Experience a Success
- 01/28/13--04:15: Learn the Facts About Shingles
- 03/22/13--06:30: Top Five Health Issues Faced By Seniors
- 04/02/13--06:30: Must Have Gadgets for Seniors & Baby Boomers
- 04/25/13--03:30: What Caregivers Can Do For Seniors When On A Tight Budget
- 05/23/13--03:30: 3 Senior Friendly Large Cities and Why
- 06/06/13--03:30: Seniors Fraud and Scam Prevention Tips – Protect Yourself
- 07/11/13--20:09: What Are The Causes Of Sleep Disorders As We Age?
- 07/18/13--03:30: Bladder Issues And The Elderly’s Resistance Towards Depends
- 07/27/13--09:48: Common Lung Diseases In The Elderly and How To Prevent Them
- 09/20/13--18:40: Why Is South Florida Best For Senior Citizens?
- 10/03/13--19:44: Travel Tips for Seniors During Thanksgiving And The Holiday Season
- 12/23/13--10:25: Top Ten Ways to Manage Alzheimer’s: From Onset to Ongoing
- 12/24/13--03:30: Managing the Different Stages Of Alzheimer’s
- 02/17/15--03:30: The Importance of a Health Journal for Seniors
- 04/25/15--16:20: Advantages of Non-Medical Home Care for Recovery
- 09/18/15--01:13: Benefits of Private Duty Home Care Services
According to a U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources, The Sexes use home care differently. Men will use more medical home health care and women, more of the day to day homemaking assistance. Stands to reason as Men and Women tend to have different approaches to health care, medical visits and the … Read more
From the team that brings exceptional Home Care to Broward and Palm Beach counties, the Bensmihens are now serving Dade County. Joseph and Lisa have over forty years of combined Elder Care and Home Care experience in South Florida. As owners and operators of Boca Home Care Services & Boca Home Care, Both are pleased … Read more
We at Boca Home Care Services understand what a big step it is to have a caregiver come into the home. They are only “strangers” at first. Once rapport is established a warm interaction and helpful routine can follow. Find some tips to help make your Home Care experience a successful one. Either … Read more
Anyone who has had Shingles can tell you what a painful nightmare it is. Fortunately there is an inoculation against it. Below our some facts about this condition. Boca Home Care Services recommends you consult with your doctor. Prevention makes much more sense than having to treat it. The herpes zoster virus is the … Read more
With advanced medicine and a peaceful world more and more people are living longer. There are senior specific problems that plague the 60+ age range and some health issues that effect all ages but seniors more so. ‘Common Health issues’ conjure up lists of different things for each of us, here is a list based … Read more
The growth of technology in our lifetime would be unbelievable except we saw it happen. Computers went from something only a scientist would use to something everyone has access to. Everything we use has an element of technology now, even toothbrushes. Many times seniors get comfortable with what they know and never look into the … Read more
There is no retirement age for budgets. As we move into the retirement years we hope that what we have put aside, invested, and earned enough social security to see us through. Many seniors find themselves on a tighter budget then they would hope for but like anyone on a budget there are millions of … Read more
It is hard to know you need help at any age. As we grow up we know we can't do everything. Everyone has their own personal definition of caring for themselves. For some it is taking care of the broad physical needs like cooking, cleaning, driving - basically being completely independent. Read more
What is your vision of the right place to retire? Is it bright and sunny? Is it somewhere where your dollar buys you more? Many of us have visions of retirement influenced by books or movies but if you actually think about the needs of your senior years there is more than number of sunny … Read more
Seniors are a easy target for someone with less than perfect ethics. There are unfortunately too many people in the world who would rather steal and deceive then work for a living. Seniors make great targets for many reasons and it is up to you to be aware of what is out there. Seniors are … Read more
As we age, there are many health hurdles that we face. Sleep disorders are one of the most common. In 2005, a Gallop study showed that 24% of Americans age 50 and older experience problems with sleep. A National Sleep Foundation study showed that 67% of people aged 55 to 84 years reported frequent issues … Read more
Elderly people often have bladder issues. When your bladder starts to give out, it can have psychological as well as physical effects on a person. There are multiple reasons that bladder issues occur: A weakened pelvic floor Diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and diabetes Surgery Having a stroke Prescription side effects Alcohol abuse Too much caffeine … Read more
Elderly people are always at more of a risk for health problems than younger people. As we age, our tissues wear out and cannot function like they used to. When respiratory tissues wear out, they are not able to exchange gas like they used to, causing a lack of oxygen and many other health problems. … Read more
Southern Florida is an amazing place to live for the elderly. The original reason retirees began making their way south was the weather. The beautiful ocean breezes and warm southern Florida sun keep our bones warm while the winter is raging up north. With so many retirees making their home in south Florida, it was …
Thanksgiving and the December holiday season are fast approaching. Traveling during the holidays can be stressful and dangerous for everyone for many reasons. Bad weather, reckless drivers trying to get to their family gatherings as quickly as possible, drunk drivers, delayed flights, and the list goes on. Senior citizens may have a more difficult time …
Develop an Understanding of the Disease – Ask the doctor to converse with you in simple terms. avoiding medical terminology that you may not know the meaning of. Ask him/her to present the information in small, easier to digest portions. Ask the doctor for take home literature. Do your own research on the internet or …
Alzheimer’s is a disease that progresses in stages. As the person that you are taking care of advances from the early to middle and then to the late stages of this disease, it is key to understand in advance what is going to change and how to handle those changes. The Beginning Stages of Alzheimer’s …
If you find yourself suffering from any number of chronic ailments, it is strongly recommended for you to keep a health journal. This journal will benefit seniors the most, especially if they make frequent visits to the doctor, but any aging individual should keep track of their medical records in a concise way for later […]
People suffering from various medical conditions may require a period of time for recuperation. This period can take longer than expected in some cases. The patient may find it difficult to perform day to day activities during such time. Non-medical home care is highly beneficial during these instances. It will help your loved one stay […]
Seniors who are unable to fully care for themselves or who are suffering from chronic illnesses often benefit greatly from the services of a private duty, home care aide. Many times, adult children of elderly individuals serve as primary caregivers to their parents. In-home care assistance takes over many of the tasks for which family […]