- RSS Channel Showcase 1226218
- RSS Channel Showcase 6372216
- RSS Channel Showcase 2704452
- RSS Channel Showcase 1597440
Articles on this Page
- 10/13/15--15:35: _Tips to Keep Senior...
- 10/19/15--21:23: _Remedies for Joint ...
- 11/12/15--20:12: _Steps for Seniors t...
- 01/04/16--13:02: _The Many Responsibi...
- 03/05/16--06:57: _Take the Possibilit...
- 04/12/16--00:59: _Home Care Aides Pro...
- 06/30/16--20:44: _Disaster Emergency ...
- 07/05/16--17:31: _Reasons Seniors Sho...
- 07/08/16--22:06: _Opioid Induced Cons...
- 09/11/16--09:16: _Aging and Sexual He...
- 10/13/16--21:04: _Activities for Seni...
- 12/14/16--23:30: _Helping Seniors Cop...
- 12/23/16--17:45: _What You Should Kno...
- 03/12/17--01:29: _Fun and Good Health...
- 03/19/17--10:53: _How Senior Citizens...
- 04/07/17--16:47: _Meals on Wheels: A ...
- 05/28/17--14:08: _How to Prevent Fall...
- 10/08/17--21:11: _How Seniors Benefit...
- 12/15/17--22:50: _An Active Life for ...
- 12/20/17--22:32: _Great Ways to Beat ...
- 10/13/15--15:35: Tips to Keep Senior Citizens from Falling
- 10/19/15--21:23: Remedies for Joint Pain
- 11/12/15--20:12: Steps for Seniors to Prevent Identity Theft
- 01/04/16--13:02: The Many Responsibilities of the Sandwich Generation
- 03/05/16--06:57: Take the Possibility of Falling Seriously
- 04/12/16--00:59: Home Care Aides Provide Companionship for Seniors
- 06/30/16--20:44: Disaster Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
- 07/05/16--17:31: Reasons Seniors Should Bring a Companion to a Doctor Visit
- 07/08/16--22:06: Opioid Induced Constipation in Seniors
- 09/11/16--09:16: Aging and Sexual Health Issues
- 10/13/16--21:04: Activities for Seniors in Palm Beach County, Florida
- 12/14/16--23:30: Helping Seniors Cope with Holiday Depression
- 12/23/16--17:45: What You Should Know About Osteoporosis & Seniors
- 03/12/17--01:29: Fun and Good Health for Boca Raton Seniors
- 03/19/17--10:53: How Senior Citizens Can Minimize Back Pain
- 04/07/17--16:47: Meals on Wheels: A Program Worth Fighting For
- 05/28/17--14:08: How to Prevent Fall Injuries in Seniors at Home
- 10/08/17--21:11: How Seniors Benefit From Aging in Place With a Home Care Aide
- 12/15/17--22:50: An Active Life for Palm Beach County Seniors
- 12/20/17--22:32: Great Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
The thought of falling can be scary for many elderly people that still live in their home. They want to be safe while traveling to the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom, but don’t want to be monitored 24/7 or need an assisted living community. If falling worries you, there are some things you can do to […]
Older members of the community know many things which their younger counterparts will only get to know about as they age. One of them is that those seemingly inconsequential injuries sustained while young will soon catch up to them. It is a well known fact that the vast majority of older adults have joint pain. […]
Identity Theft Prevention for Seniors There are thousands of scams targeting the elderly. They can be found on the internet, in the mail, or anywhere seniors are asked to provide personal information. While identity theft is a problem for all citizens, the elderly are particularly at risk, due to increased contact with health care providers […]
“The Sandwich Generation” is a term created in 1981 by Dorothy Miller. It referred to a segment of the Baby Boomer Generation whose lives were complicated by the need to meet multiple responsibilities. More young women had the role of caregiver to aging parents, while caring for their own children at the same time. The […]
Falls are a Serious Risk for Seniors Falls and trips are not just a moment of slapstick fun for senior citizens – they can cause fatal injuries. Every year, more than 1.3 million people will be forced to visit an emergency room because of an injury sustained in a fall, more than half a million […]
Isolation is a common problem for elderly persons who choose to remain in their own homes. A non-medical home care aide can be the solution. Why Is Isolation An Issue? When people grow older, their lives change. Seniors often find they do not have as much company as they did in the past. Perhaps their […]
Seniors today are healthier and more independent than ever before. As many older people continue to live in their own homes, seniors and their families need to take special care for disaster preparedness. You can survive an emergency situation, and stay safe and healthy. Non-Perishable Food And Water If you cannot leave home during an […]
Senior people cannot possibly do all their tasks by themselves, for obvious reasons. Visiting the doctor’s office or hospital is one among them. The following are the reasons why accompanying seniors is essential during their medical visits. To Facilitate Clear Communication Several seniors refrain from personal communication with physicians, or only express positive things about […]
Opioid-induced constipation is a common problem for seniors. As seniors can be prone to chronic pain, many prescription pain medications contain opioids. If you use these medications regularly, you may find the opioids cause constipation by decreasing the fluids in your intestines, intestinal movement, and the frequency in which you pass stools. Passing stools can […]
Despite the thoughts of some younger individuals, sexuality doesn’t stop once one hits retirement age. As people are living longer, the impacts of healthy – and no-so-healthy – sexual activity is becoming more of an issue. Among seniors, sexual health now ranks as a major concern. Though there are certainly taboos about this subject among […]
Pastimes for Seniors in Palm Beach County Seniors aren’t trying to create an exclusive club when they designate a program for 55+ or even older groups. They are simply aiming to encourage one another to get out, be active, and try something new. It keeps the brain agile and healthy when you try an activity […]
As the holidays approach, it’s important to remember that they aren’t always a time of joy for everyone. For many seniors, the holidays are a time of depression and loneliness. For those that spend these important days alone, the holidays can become a trap. If you are a senior who is dealing with the holidays, […]
Osteoporosis is common in elderly persons. While it is more common in women, senior men can develop it, too. Some information can help you live and cope with this condition. What Is Osteoporosis? Osteoporosis is a condition in which the bones have become weaker and less dense than they were in the past. Aging is […]
It can be difficult growing older, especially if you have lost your lifelong friends and family members. The isolation can cause extreme loneliness if you live alone. If you live in or near Boca Raton, you do not need to be lonely or bored. You can have good health and good fun in Florida. Florida […]
Senior citizens are learning, as we age, problems with back pain seem to become a fixture in our lives, yet exercises are often a forgotten path. Curiously, elderly patients run straight for a doctor, which typically results in a prescription. A better approach towards pain-free damage control is proactive stretching. More than 50 percent of […]
Not many programs were birthed from the heart and perpetuated by the human spirit like Meals on Wheels. The program brings much needed assistance to millions of seniors. It seems impossible that the program could be threatened by an administration or circumstance and yet it is. The True Value of Meals on Wheels The concept […]
Most seniors suffer from fall-related injuries in their homes. It is for this reason why a fall-safe house needs to be designed for each home in whch there is an elderly person, to help prevent such injuries. One fact needs to remain clear, aging persons suffer broken hips and fractures from a simple fall because […]
The older generations today tend to live longer than generations in the past. Today’s seniors are often healthier than seniors in previous generations, too. This means elderly persons today have more opportunities for fulfilling, happy lives. Seniors can enjoy many benefits from aging at home. What Is Aging At Home? In the past, there were […]
Seniors who maintain an active lifestyle are healthier and happier. There are many opportunities for you to have fun in Palm Beach County, Florida. Senior Living In Boca Raton Aging does not need to mean leaving culture behind. There is no shortage of cultural experiences at the Boca Raton Museum of Art. You can watch […]
It is that time of the year again. Hanukkah, Christmas New Years eve are here. Love and celebration are in the air. You can see the character of Christmas in the colorful decorations, the smiles on the faces of people and the bright-colored clothes they are wearing. You can hear the voice of the season […]